Monday, June 6, 2011

Birthstone for June: Pearls, Pearls and more Pearls

Some people may have guessed that I have a mild obsession with pearls. They are truly classic and, in my opinion, made even more stunning by layering on multiple strands. They of course look great with the little black dress, made famous by Coco Chanel (see post below), and Audrey Hepburn. But they also look fantastic when they're toughened up a little, with black leggings, high booties and red lipstick, and dressed down with a simple sundress.

I demonstrated these looks with three of my pearls necklaces, the Selina Multiple Strands of Pearls, the Josephine Pearl Bouquet necklace, and the Amelia Blue Flowers and Pearls necklace. I created these sets on Polyvore. One of my early aspirations in life was to be a photo editor for a magazine or art books, so I had a blast using their tool where you can create your own layouts. I won't tell you how long it took me to create these. But you'll probably see more of these in the future because I might be addicted :) Happy birthday June babies!

The Selina necklace ready for cocktails.

Going downtown with the Josephine necklace.

Summer days with the Amelia necklace.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/06/2011

    I love pearls too. I think that they bring class and elegance to the little black dress but also to any evening wear. It is always what I wear when going on a job interview. Simply divine.
    http://www.fashionmechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe Polyvore is totally addicting!! Love all these sets, though I think I like #2 the best as it's closest to my everyday style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collage, such classic~ I always want Mikimoto pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pearls are so beautiful and I love your sets. So stunning! Have a great afternoon
    Kisses, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. These necklaces are so beautiful! Pearls are so elegant and delicate. Sigh. Perfect for June summer days. :)

    I love your polyvores. I agree, it is addicting. I haven't been on that site in months though, so you've inspired me to go back and mess around again! Hehe. You are really good at it, I honestly thought these were magazine features at first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh How I love pearl, I think pearls is really elegant! love this post! xx Joice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely necklaces!
    The last one is gorgeous :D
    Xoxo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pearls are so pretty. I love the first necklace.

    ReplyDelete